Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Toddler pronounced dead after homicide in Somersworth Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. Friday to 231 High St. after a 911 call placed from Apt. 2 reporting a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported Noah York, 2, to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, Jared Pope, 30, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
While no further details were provided, an autopsy is scheduled for York today, according to officials. Somersworth police have referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter, but no new information is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 25
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917