Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Toddler pronounced dead after homicide in Somersworth Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. Friday to 231 High St. after a 911 call placed from Apt. 2 reporting a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported Noah York, 2, to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, Jared Pope, 30, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
While no further details were provided, an autopsy is scheduled for York today, according to officials. Somersworth police have referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter, but no new information is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424