Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Toddler pronounced dead after homicide in Somersworth Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. Friday to 231 High St. after a 911 call placed from Apt. 2 reporting a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported Noah York, 2, to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, Jared Pope, 30, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
While no further details were provided, an autopsy is scheduled for York today, according to officials. Somersworth police have referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter, but no new information is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 34
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424