Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Toddler pronounced dead after homicide in Somersworth Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. Friday to 231 High St. after a 911 call placed from Apt. 2 reporting a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported Noah York, 2, to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, Jared Pope, 30, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
While no further details were provided, an autopsy is scheduled for York today, according to officials. Somersworth police have referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter, but no new information is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424