Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Somersworth man charged with smothering child
Chief Medical Examiner Thomas Andrew determined the child, Noah York, died from smothering and his death was ruled a homicide.
Jared Pope, 30, of Somersworth, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. to 231 High St. after a 911 call – which was placed from Apt. 2 – reported a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported York to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
Somersworth police referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief