Exeter teachers were kids' favorites
All three teachers have recently resigned and the scandalous screenplay is now part of an investigation that began in April when Batchelder was placed on paid administrative leave amid allegations that a female student may have been sexually assaulted in 2009.
The three teachers were placed on administrative leave during the investigation. Batchelder resigned in May while Grossmith and Forbes resigned last week, although Batchelder is the only name revealed publicly through minutes of an Exeter Region Cooperative School Board meeting last week. The others are expected to be released at a school board meeting Tuesday.
"The role of the superintendent is not to interfere with the process of the yearbook. The students selected these teachers and we're not going to interfere with that," he said Friday.
At this point, he said the investigation is now in the hands of Exeter police and the state Department of Education.
"I think it's unfortunate that it would happen at this time or year or happen at any time of year," Morgan said. "I'm disappointed that some of the negativity is overshadowing the positive things. I think the good at Exeter High School far, far outweighs any negativity. There are so many positive things going on and so many accolades."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'