Exeter teachers were kids' favorites
All three teachers have recently resigned and the scandalous screenplay is now part of an investigation that began in April when Batchelder was placed on paid administrative leave amid allegations that a female student may have been sexually assaulted in 2009.
The three teachers were placed on administrative leave during the investigation. Batchelder resigned in May while Grossmith and Forbes resigned last week, although Batchelder is the only name revealed publicly through minutes of an Exeter Region Cooperative School Board meeting last week. The others are expected to be released at a school board meeting Tuesday.
"The role of the superintendent is not to interfere with the process of the yearbook. The students selected these teachers and we're not going to interfere with that," he said Friday.
At this point, he said the investigation is now in the hands of Exeter police and the state Department of Education.
"I think it's unfortunate that it would happen at this time or year or happen at any time of year," Morgan said. "I'm disappointed that some of the negativity is overshadowing the positive things. I think the good at Exeter High School far, far outweighs any negativity. There are so many positive things going on and so many accolades."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
LNG plant put 'on hold'