From rural roots, she's now a mall 'style setter'
"I lived in the sticks," Finnie said with a laugh. "For me, 'fashion' was figuring out which dungarees to put on."
The blog (stylesetter.simon.com/blog/alana-finnies-blog) is packed with posts about current fashion trends, shopping tips, beauty information, style guidance and up-to-the minute news on products available at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Finnie's blog posts appear on the mall website about five times a month.
"Since I'm writing from home most of the time, it will often come to me at 3 a.m.," she said. "So I do work in my pajamas at times, but they're pretty ones from Victoria's Secret."
"There was one guy who loved to wear cut-off jeans. He couldn't understand why they didn't look good," Finnie said. "Another guy was transitioning to gender reassignment and was having trouble finding high heels in his size."
"Unfortunately, I come across this a lot," Finnie said.
"Color blocking is flattering on all figures," she said. "And for the guys, we're seeing a lot of fitted jeans and colorful button-up shirts."
"Our approach with the style setter program is to hyper-localize fashion content to make it most relevant to shoppers at the Mall at Rockingham Park," said Jacque Ellis, Simon's vice president of corporate special events, as well as one of the company's style bloggers.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.