Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
B's 'encouraged' by Horton
“It was encouraging to see him out there today,” Julien said. “And if he feels good tomorrow, he’s in the lineup. Simple as that.”
Game 1 victory in the Stanley Cup Final is apparently not enough to satisfy Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.
NHL coaches hardly like to tinker with unbroken things come playoff time as lines are defined, but he is an obvious exception. He again changed lines at Friday’s practice the day before the Hawks host the Bruins in Game 2 at the United Center.
Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean was named NHL coach of the year on Friday, as the league announced a number of award winners.
MacLean won the Jack Adams Award by accumulating 206 voting points, including 28 first-place votes, in the balloting by the NHL Broadcasters’ Association. Quenneville was second with 22 first-place votes and 160 points, and former Manchester Monarchs coach Bruce Boudreau of the Anaheim Ducks was third with six first-place votes and 88 points.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans