Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
B's 'encouraged' by Horton
“It was encouraging to see him out there today,” Julien said. “And if he feels good tomorrow, he’s in the lineup. Simple as that.”
Game 1 victory in the Stanley Cup Final is apparently not enough to satisfy Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.
NHL coaches hardly like to tinker with unbroken things come playoff time as lines are defined, but he is an obvious exception. He again changed lines at Friday’s practice the day before the Hawks host the Bruins in Game 2 at the United Center.
Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean was named NHL coach of the year on Friday, as the league announced a number of award winners.
MacLean won the Jack Adams Award by accumulating 206 voting points, including 28 first-place votes, in the balloting by the NHL Broadcasters’ Association. Quenneville was second with 22 first-place votes and 160 points, and former Manchester Monarchs coach Bruce Boudreau of the Anaheim Ducks was third with six first-place votes and 88 points.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan