Mickelson, Horschel share U.S. Open lead; Barrington's Smith near cut
Mickelson rolled in an 18-foot birdie putt at the 18th hole to grab a share of the lead with Horschel, who shot a 67 on the day. The pair are tied with 139 after two rounds. Play was eventually suspended due to approaching darkness.
Smith had started the day by completing his rain-suspended first round at 2-over, and having birdied his second hole of the second round, the par-3 12th, Smith’s chances of making the cut were not far-fetched.
The projected cut to reduce the field to the top 60 and ties was estimated to come at seven over par after a round that saw players average nearly five over par.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'