Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist in fatal Franconia crash identified
State police identified the motorcyclist as Robin Staines, 47.
Staines lost control of his motorcyclist about 11:25 a.m. at the entrance to the viewing area as he traveled on the northbound side of the Franconia Notch State Parkway section of I-93, according to state police.
Staines was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious injuries when he was ejected from the motorcycle, according to state police. Passersby came on the scene and tried to give him aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Staines was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Trooper Nicholas Iannone or Trooper First Class Jesse Sherrill of Troop F at 603-846-3333 or 603-223-8477.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth