Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist in fatal Franconia crash identified
State police identified the motorcyclist as Robin Staines, 47.
Staines lost control of his motorcyclist about 11:25 a.m. at the entrance to the viewing area as he traveled on the northbound side of the Franconia Notch State Parkway section of I-93, according to state police.
Staines was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious injuries when he was ejected from the motorcycle, according to state police. Passersby came on the scene and tried to give him aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Staines was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Trooper Nicholas Iannone or Trooper First Class Jesse Sherrill of Troop F at 603-846-3333 or 603-223-8477.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers