Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist in fatal Franconia crash identified
State police identified the motorcyclist as Robin Staines, 47.
Staines lost control of his motorcyclist about 11:25 a.m. at the entrance to the viewing area as he traveled on the northbound side of the Franconia Notch State Parkway section of I-93, according to state police.
Staines was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious injuries when he was ejected from the motorcycle, according to state police. Passersby came on the scene and tried to give him aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Staines was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Trooper Nicholas Iannone or Trooper First Class Jesse Sherrill of Troop F at 603-846-3333 or 603-223-8477.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- Developers think Guard site would have big potential - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire