Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist in fatal Franconia crash identified
State police identified the motorcyclist as Robin Staines, 47.
Staines lost control of his motorcyclist about 11:25 a.m. at the entrance to the viewing area as he traveled on the northbound side of the Franconia Notch State Parkway section of I-93, according to state police.
Staines was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious injuries when he was ejected from the motorcycle, according to state police. Passersby came on the scene and tried to give him aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Staines was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Trooper Nicholas Iannone or Trooper First Class Jesse Sherrill of Troop F at 603-846-3333 or 603-223-8477.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 7
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
Trump fired up over NH mailer