Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist in fatal Franconia crash identified
State police identified the motorcyclist as Robin Staines, 47.
Staines lost control of his motorcyclist about 11:25 a.m. at the entrance to the viewing area as he traveled on the northbound side of the Franconia Notch State Parkway section of I-93, according to state police.
Staines was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious injuries when he was ejected from the motorcycle, according to state police. Passersby came on the scene and tried to give him aid until emergency personnel arrived.
Staines was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Trooper Nicholas Iannone or Trooper First Class Jesse Sherrill of Troop F at 603-846-3333 or 603-223-8477.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents