'Such grand celebration' as Londonderry graduates 398
Mary Madison waves to her family during the Londonderry High School graduation held at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Friday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Breaking the stereotype that popularity is an opposite of academic achievement, Doherty is the first graduate in the history of the school to have served as class president and been named valedictorian.
But any uncertainty over the future was overshadowed by
"I'm feeling great. It's good to be here," said Pearce, who said he is following in the footsteps of several family members who'd served in the Army.
Principal Jason Parent said he didn't believe that the class theme, which revolved around being lucky, was not apropos for the 398 graduates.
"I would say that doesn't fit" the class, Parent said. "You created your own luck through hard work, acts of caring and wanting to make a difference and by being good people."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Middle school student's mom says principal used chokehold - 20
- School board suspends driver's ed program in Manchester, will probe source of $180k deficit - 2
- Manchester middle school principal placed on leave - 2
- Lebanon begins search for new school superindendent - 0
- Inventor excites Manchester fourth-graders with math, science possibilities - 0
- Nashua officals tour technical education center - 0
- City fourth-graders to meet entrepreneur Dean Kamen - 0
- No 3-day weekend for kids in Manchester school system - 5
- Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning Center in Windham a hit with schoolkids - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy