Epping graduates urged to find their passion
Epping High School graduate Natalia Dore pauses as the school choir sings the National Anthem during Friday night's graduation. (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The night could not begin until they presented the roses to the family members, friends and others in the audience who were always there to offer support and guidance to the graduates throughout their high school days.
"Together we have created some unforgettable memories," said class salutatorian Kylie Patton, who spoke of the many steps they've taken, the friends they've made and the important decisions they've faced that have molded them over the years.
"The truth is it doesn't matter what path you take if you have found meaning and purpose in what you do," said Nekton, who was chosen as this year's keynote speaker by the students.
Nekton encouraged the students to find work that's meaningful.
"If you don't find your first passion, then turn the page. Don't give up," he said.
While writing his speech, Repucci tried to think of a way to repay the graduates for all they had shared with him. He decided to give each graduate a copy of the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling along with their graduation picture.
"I know the word will be a better place having you in it," Repucci told the graduates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 6
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 20
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride