Emotions run high for Campbell graduates
From left, Casey Charette and Marisa Chacos share a laugh during Friday's Campbell High School graduation in Litchfield. (KIMBERLY HOUGHTON/Union Leader Correspondent)
"We mourned together and consoled together," said Christina Lepore, the Class of 2013 salutatorian, noting the passing of her fellow classmate, Zachary Tilbe. The graduates wore green ribbons with Tilbe's initials, showing their support for his family and remembering his presence despite his death last November following a long period of failing health.As several students wiped away tears, Tilbe's family accepted Zachary's diploma posthumously while listening to "Amazing Grace" being played on the bagpipes in his honor."He was a wonderful man," Jared Saunders said of Tilbe. "We all love Zack, and will never forget the impact he has made on our lives."For the senior class, Friday was their last time to be together, celebrate their successes and look ahead to the real world outside of the Campbell High community, said Amanda Doucette, class valedictorian."We have to face the future now, and the future is confusing," she said. "We all have doubts about the future, but I say we ignore them and follow our dreams."
"May the force be with you. And now, you know what the force is," said Orban, receiving a standing ovation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Arpy' Saunders, architect of Claremont lawsuit, dead at 72 - 2
- Nashua committee votes to OK policy that allows alcohol at school - 3
- Students honored for winning essays - 0
- Parents want answers on Ellis principal - 0
- Manchester charter school requests barriers between playground, street - 5
- Discovery of shotgun shell in locker room puts Stratham school into lockdown - 0
- Eighth-graders test underwater remote operated vehicles they built - 0
- McDonough School's 'Kids Closet' seeks to supply students with shoes, coats - 0
- Driver ed goes private, smaller in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH