Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Ian Clark's On Hockey: We're well on our way to an epic series
It took nearly six periods for Game 1 to end, with Chicago's Andrew Shaw getting a double-deflection goal to end the fifth-longest overtime game in Stanley Cup Final history and give the Blackhawks a 4-3 win over the Boston Bruins in triple-OT.
"We haven't seen that team all year, but judging by how the game went, we're going to have to be ready," said Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.
The passes, the shot selection, players getting to the tough areas and digging in ... A tiny error for either side and the puck goes the other way for a scoring chance.
The Bruins will look to regroup and try to earn a split in Chicago before returning to Boston for Game 3 on Monday. The big question for the Bruins now is, just how badly hurt is Nathan Horton?
Seguin in this postseason has just one goal and four assists in 17 games. Being elevated to the top line might be the push he needs to take the next step in his career. But if he struggles, it could also set him back and further slow a player of great potential but limited payoff so far.
Ian Clark covers pro hockey for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His email address is email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Another win for Jones, Kings - 0
- Bruins preparing for tough stretch - 0
- Lucic leads Bruins past Blue Jackets - 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan