Ribbon-cutting to mark completion of BAE Systems Independence Hall
The speaking presentation will include president of BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector, Dan Gobel; NH Department of Health and Human Services' Commissioner Nicholas Toumpas; Maj. Gen. William N. Reddel III, adjutant general of New Hampshire; Mayor Ted Gatsas; and client testimonials.
The new building is in response to New Hampshire's four year plan to end veteran homelessness, formally adopted by Gov. John Lynch in 2010.
The hall is the latest edition to Harbor Homes' Veterans First program.
The new facility will provide 26 one and two-bedroom apartments. Veterans and their families will reside in the facility while working to address the cause of their homelessness and move on to independence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'