New Hampshire Religion in Brief
KINGSTON – The East Kingston Community United Methodist Church is holding Vacation Bible School called Kingdom Rock Adventure from 9 a.m. to noon June 24-28.
For information, questions or to register a child, call Pastor Steve at 734-2940 or 642-8874
NEWMARKET — Aryaloka Buddhist Center will host a talk by Tibetan monk Dhardo Rinpoche on Wednesday, June 19, from 7 to 9 p.m. at 14 Heartwood Circle.
Listen to his personal account about traditional Tibetan practice from the present holder of the Dhardo lineage.
During his visit, the present Dhardo Rinpoche will dedicate a site on the Aryaloka grounds for the building of the stupa, which will hold relics of the late Dhardo and be a symbol of Enlightenment and focal site for practice.
DVD presentation in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — The Nashua area Voice of the Faithful will feature a DVD presentation by the Rev. Donald Cozzens at a 7 p.m. meeting on Tuesday, June 25, at the town’s public library.
As a steadfast and longtime supporter of Voice of the Faithful, Cozzens spoke at the 10th anniversary conference in Boston last fall on the challenges facing the church and how members may be involved.
The library is located at 470 Daniel Webster Highway (Rt. 3) at the intersection with Baboosic Lake Road. Turn onto Baboosic Lake Road and take the immediate driveway on the right.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Army budget cuts threaten veterans' funeral honor guards - 6
- Nashua event offers helping hand for struggling veterans - 1
- Plymouth American Legion Hall is renovated - 0
- Veterans Briefs: Stand Down in Nashua - 0
- U.S. Marines set Nov. 10 observance - 0
- Meat bingo in Meredith - 0
- The Veteran’s Forum gives vets chance to record their past - 0
- World War II veteran from Berlin to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- StoneMakers donating makeover to Liberty House - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 1
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 2
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy