Governor to get bill to study changes to way Northern Pass, wind farms are sited
Originally Senate Bill 99 would have established a one-year moratorium that would have halted the Northern Pass transmission project and numerous proposed wind farms.
Sen. Lou D'Allesandro, D-Manchester, called the bill's time lines unrealistic. The study is to be completed by Dec. 31; it could take another year to adopt new regulatory criteria.
But one of the bill's sponsors, Sen. Jeff Woodburn, R-Dalton, urged the Senate to approve the House changes so the study could begin as soon as possible — along with changes to the site evaluation process.
In the end, the Senate agreed to the House version of the bill.
Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley, R-Wolfeboro, said it is "absolutely essential" to have a study, particularly of projects like Northern Pass and the wind farms proposed around the Newfound Lake area.
He argued the bill is not a de facto moratorium. Instead, he said, proposed changes will affect any developer proposing a future project.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commentary -- Mary Tamposi: Housing the homeless helps us all - 0
- Disabled anglers, vets try luck in tournament - 0
- 100 Nights ceremony set for Thursday at Veterans Cemetery - 0
- Meeting at VA Medical Center on Sept. 25 - 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0