Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Center Ossipee mother charged in daughters’ truancy
According to Ossipee Police Department Detective Sgt. Robert King, Mandy Patch of Center Ossipee was charged with two violation level counts of “Duty of Parent; Compulsory Attendance by Pupil,” by failing to cause her two children to attend school. The children, a 12-year-old Ossipee Central School student and a 14-year-old Kingswood Regional Middle School student, have been absent or late more than 40 days this school year, according to police.
Police rarely intervene in truancy cases, said King, adding that this was the first time the department has filed this charge against a parent. Previously in school truancy cases, police would file a “Children in Need of Services” (CHINS) petition with the court’s family division, said King, but that practice has been abolished. Requirements for filing a CHINS petition changed in September 2011.
“The school reached out to her several times,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917