Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Center Ossipee mother charged in daughters’ truancy
According to Ossipee Police Department Detective Sgt. Robert King, Mandy Patch of Center Ossipee was charged with two violation level counts of “Duty of Parent; Compulsory Attendance by Pupil,” by failing to cause her two children to attend school. The children, a 12-year-old Ossipee Central School student and a 14-year-old Kingswood Regional Middle School student, have been absent or late more than 40 days this school year, according to police.
Police rarely intervene in truancy cases, said King, adding that this was the first time the department has filed this charge against a parent. Previously in school truancy cases, police would file a “Children in Need of Services” (CHINS) petition with the court’s family division, said King, but that practice has been abolished. Requirements for filing a CHINS petition changed in September 2011.
“The school reached out to her several times,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 14
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 0
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- 'Freedom Salute' honors NH Guard unit for saving lives - 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424