Life after death
Cancer strikes and true love strikes back
Sean Roberson and Cathy Duso had never met before they were connected through an online dating website about two years ago. Both widowed, the two were not sure they would ever find true love after losing their soul mates to cancer.
"We connected immediately, and we fell in love very quickly," said Duso, 40, who works in the food services industry for the Merrimack School District. "We realized that there is a chance to have a second love of a lifetime."
Roberson said the relay event has been an important part of his past life, and he hopes it will continue to be just as vital in his future life with Duso. When Roberson's former spouse, Barbara, was found to have a cancerous tumor on her colon, they were hoping she would survive long enough to participate in the Relay for Life in 2005. She died just days before the event.
"Together, our goal is to now raise awareness and raise funds to help others battle cancer," said Duso. "The wedding has become an incentive."
Roberson, 48, who is employed at the Manchester Veterans Affairs Medical Center, says it will be an emotional event filled with memories and hope — not just for the two of them but for all of the participants in the Relay for Life.
"Survivors are the heart and soul of this event. We resolve to fight back, and also remember those that we have lost along the way," said Ames. "We are all committed to seeing this through and ending cancer."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.