Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Tebow ‘thankful’ to be with Patriots
Tebow, who chose to wear his high school uniform number (5), wasn’t nearly as guarded. In his first — extremely brief — comments in a Patriots practice uniform Tuesday after the opening day of minicamp wrapped up, Tebow said he was glad to have a chance with New England.
“We’re going to do what’s best for our football team, we’ll see,” Belichick said. “We’ve all seen him play, he can do a lot of things. We’ve seen that.”
In the months since his April release from the New York Jets, it appeared no NFL team was going to sign Tebow, the former Florida Heisman Trophy winner and first-round pick by Denver. But despite winning a playoff game, he became expendable when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning last year. He spent 2012 as the center of controversy with the New York Jets, where he played seldom and was released in April.
“I am happy for the young man to get another chance in the league,” Ryan said. “It didn’t work out here. He obviously had more success in Denver. If they want to replace Brady with him, that’s fine.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'