Home » Sports » Basketball
Red-hot Spurs romp over Heat
Kawhi Leonard had 14 points, 12 rebounds and four steals and Tim Duncan had 12 points and 14 rebounds as San Antonio recovered from a 19-point drubbing in Game 2 to hand the Heat a crushing defeat. Green (27 points) was 7-for-9 from 3-point range and Neal (24) was 6-for-10 as the Spurs went 16-for-32 overall.
Dwyane Wade scored 16 points, LeBron James had 15 points and 11 rebounds and Mike Miller scored 15 points on 5-of-5 shooting from 3-point range for Miami. Game 3 is Thursday in San Antonio.
The Spurs led by six at halftime and were up by as many as 21 in the third quarter before Miami cut the edge to 76-63 late in the stanza. Tiago Splitter's last-second dunk began a stretch in which San Antonio scored 15 consecutive points to open up a 28-point lead.
Green tallied 14 points – including four 3-pointers – over the first six minutes of the final quarter. His last 3-pointer gave the Spurs a 102-71 lead and both squads emptied the benches.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Four teams had previously made 14 3-pointers in an NBA Finals game, while the only winning margins higher than San Antonio's 36 belong to the Chicago Bulls (42 over the Utah Jazz in 1998) and Boston Celtics (39 over the Los Angeles Lakers in 2008). … The Spurs had 19 offensive rebounds en route to a 52-36 edge on the boards. … Miller has made eight consecutive 3-pointers over the past two games.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 0
- Foxconn to fund startups to develop wearable technology? - 0
- Tight pipelines hinder natural gas chance - 0
- Business Reel: NH Electric Co-op has pilot to charge electric cars - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself