Home » Sports » Basketball
Red-hot Spurs romp over Heat
Kawhi Leonard had 14 points, 12 rebounds and four steals and Tim Duncan had 12 points and 14 rebounds as San Antonio recovered from a 19-point drubbing in Game 2 to hand the Heat a crushing defeat. Green (27 points) was 7-for-9 from 3-point range and Neal (24) was 6-for-10 as the Spurs went 16-for-32 overall.
Dwyane Wade scored 16 points, LeBron James had 15 points and 11 rebounds and Mike Miller scored 15 points on 5-of-5 shooting from 3-point range for Miami. Game 3 is Thursday in San Antonio.
The Spurs led by six at halftime and were up by as many as 21 in the third quarter before Miami cut the edge to 76-63 late in the stanza. Tiago Splitter's last-second dunk began a stretch in which San Antonio scored 15 consecutive points to open up a 28-point lead.
Green tallied 14 points – including four 3-pointers – over the first six minutes of the final quarter. His last 3-pointer gave the Spurs a 102-71 lead and both squads emptied the benches.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Four teams had previously made 14 3-pointers in an NBA Finals game, while the only winning margins higher than San Antonio's 36 belong to the Chicago Bulls (42 over the Utah Jazz in 1998) and Boston Celtics (39 over the Los Angeles Lakers in 2008). … The Spurs had 19 offensive rebounds en route to a 52-36 edge on the boards. … Miller has made eight consecutive 3-pointers over the past two games.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up