Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats score 5 in the 9th to beat Aeros
Trailing by four runs entering the bottom of the ninth, the Fisher Cats scored five times to post a 9-8 victory.
Right-fielder Brad Glenn collected the game-winning hit when his single to left scored catcher A.J. Jimenez with two outs in the ninth. The ninth inning also featured an RBI double by Kevin Pillar and a two-run single by Ryan Schimpf, who scored the game-tying run on a throwing error that followed Clint Robinson’s infield single.
Pillar, Jimenez, Robinson and Glenn each had two hits for the Fisher Cats (32-34). Pillar, Schimpf and Robinson also had two RBIs apiece.
The Fisher Cats tied the game by scoring four unearned runs in the third. The big blow was Robinson’s two-run home run that made it a 4-4 contest.
Akron starter Toru Murate pitched five innings and surrendered six hits. He struck out three and didn’t walk a batter.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford