Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox win
Nava homers, Aceves solid, Sox edge Rays
Nava’s ninth home run of the season off Rays starter Chris Archer gave the Red Sox two wins in the three-game set. Jacoby Ellsbury began the rally with two outs with a single up the middle, extending his hit streak to 11 games. Nava jumped ahead in the count, 3-0, took a strike and fought off five straight pitches before mashing a slider into the right-field bleachers.
Archer (1-2) left after four innings having allowed two earned runs on four hits with four walks and seven strikeouts. He threw 103 pitches.
Boston (41-26) dropped the fourth-place Rays (35-30) to five games off their pace. Tampa Bay outhit Boston, 6-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'