Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Sister: Alleged Laconia killer just got out of hospital
Another picture of Riley emerges from his two Facebook pages. In one, the young man uses a confederate flag as his cover photo and says he studied at Redneck University. His posts include slurs against President Obama and gays. And one image shows him posing while holding a long gun.
He was arraigned at Laconia District Court on Tuesday via a video hookup at the Belknap County Jail. When asked by Judge James Carroll, Riley raised his right hand and swore to tell the truth. He otherwise stayed silent while Carroll discussed bail and lawyers argued about how soon his defense lawyer would receive details about the charges against him.
“It’s a really sad situation,” said his public defender, Jesse Friedman, after the hearing. He would not discuss the facts of the case, but said his condolences are to the March family.
She said Kasey Riley has struggled with mental illness his entire life and worked with agencies that treat mental illness.
“I went to visit him around 4:30 on Thursday and was concerned that my brother appeared disheveled,” she wrote. Riley was released Friday, and his sister said she does not know the reasons for his release, but he seemed well over the weekend.
State health officials said confidentiality laws prevent them from discussing whether Riley was a patient at the state hospital.
It does not provide round-the-clock staff at the home. Genesis staff visit the location often during normal working hours.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 15
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
- Police say man robbed Rochester bank wearing zebra print dress - 2
- Police say driver in Amherst fatal crash was traveling about 45 mph above limit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Parolee returned to prison in 3rd protective order case - 0
- Salem man charged with child porn possession - 0
- Keene police may seek subpoenas for social media accounts in riot probe - 5
- Ex-Seabrook police officer wants to keep sealed statements out of trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who died in Manchester blaze identified as Vietnam War-era veteran; cigarette was fire cause - 0
- Gov. Hassan, Havenstein spar over higher education during Manchester Chamber debate - 3
- College Hockey: UNH freshman Clark ready, willing and able - 0
- Home-grown talent has UNH women's cross country out in front - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Playoff picture will get clearer - 1
- New players, new coach, new look for Monarchs in home opener tonight - 0
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 5
- FairPoint paying thousands a day for police details at Manchester sites alone - 6
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483