Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sister: Alleged Laconia killer just got out of hospital
Another picture of Riley emerges from his two Facebook pages. In one, the young man uses a confederate flag as his cover photo and says he studied at Redneck University. His posts include slurs against President Obama and gays. And one image shows him posing while holding a long gun.
He was arraigned at Laconia District Court on Tuesday via a video hookup at the Belknap County Jail. When asked by Judge James Carroll, Riley raised his right hand and swore to tell the truth. He otherwise stayed silent while Carroll discussed bail and lawyers argued about how soon his defense lawyer would receive details about the charges against him.
“It’s a really sad situation,” said his public defender, Jesse Friedman, after the hearing. He would not discuss the facts of the case, but said his condolences are to the March family.
She said Kasey Riley has struggled with mental illness his entire life and worked with agencies that treat mental illness.
“I went to visit him around 4:30 on Thursday and was concerned that my brother appeared disheveled,” she wrote. Riley was released Friday, and his sister said she does not know the reasons for his release, but he seemed well over the weekend.
State health officials said confidentiality laws prevent them from discussing whether Riley was a patient at the state hospital.
It does not provide round-the-clock staff at the home. Genesis staff visit the location often during normal working hours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424