Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sister: Alleged Laconia killer just got out of hospital
Another picture of Riley emerges from his two Facebook pages. In one, the young man uses a confederate flag as his cover photo and says he studied at Redneck University. His posts include slurs against President Obama and gays. And one image shows him posing while holding a long gun.
He was arraigned at Laconia District Court on Tuesday via a video hookup at the Belknap County Jail. When asked by Judge James Carroll, Riley raised his right hand and swore to tell the truth. He otherwise stayed silent while Carroll discussed bail and lawyers argued about how soon his defense lawyer would receive details about the charges against him.
“It’s a really sad situation,” said his public defender, Jesse Friedman, after the hearing. He would not discuss the facts of the case, but said his condolences are to the March family.
She said Kasey Riley has struggled with mental illness his entire life and worked with agencies that treat mental illness.
“I went to visit him around 4:30 on Thursday and was concerned that my brother appeared disheveled,” she wrote. Riley was released Friday, and his sister said she does not know the reasons for his release, but he seemed well over the weekend.
State health officials said confidentiality laws prevent them from discussing whether Riley was a patient at the state hospital.
It does not provide round-the-clock staff at the home. Genesis staff visit the location often during normal working hours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424