Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Sister: Alleged Laconia killer just got out of hospital
Another picture of Riley emerges from his two Facebook pages. In one, the young man uses a confederate flag as his cover photo and says he studied at Redneck University. His posts include slurs against President Obama and gays. And one image shows him posing while holding a long gun.
He was arraigned at Laconia District Court on Tuesday via a video hookup at the Belknap County Jail. When asked by Judge James Carroll, Riley raised his right hand and swore to tell the truth. He otherwise stayed silent while Carroll discussed bail and lawyers argued about how soon his defense lawyer would receive details about the charges against him.
“It’s a really sad situation,” said his public defender, Jesse Friedman, after the hearing. He would not discuss the facts of the case, but said his condolences are to the March family.
She said Kasey Riley has struggled with mental illness his entire life and worked with agencies that treat mental illness.
“I went to visit him around 4:30 on Thursday and was concerned that my brother appeared disheveled,” she wrote. Riley was released Friday, and his sister said she does not know the reasons for his release, but he seemed well over the weekend.
State health officials said confidentiality laws prevent them from discussing whether Riley was a patient at the state hospital.
It does not provide round-the-clock staff at the home. Genesis staff visit the location often during normal working hours.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 7
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917