Home » News » Public Safety
Police still look for answers in Plaistow girl's one-day disappearance
Plaistow Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said Plaistow and Dover police are investigating the incident, but referred questions to the Dover Police Department as the "bulk" of the investigation will be done by that agency.
When a search was launched, Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin said Saturday that he believed her disappearance may have resulted from online conversations she had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Dolleman would not discuss the specifics of the case because it involves a juvenile and is still under investigation. However, he said that, in general, when a person is missing "it's incumbent on any police department to try to find out where the person went and why they went there and if anything bad happened while they were away from their family."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'