Home » News » Public Safety
Police still look for answers in Plaistow girl's one-day disappearance
Plaistow Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said Plaistow and Dover police are investigating the incident, but referred questions to the Dover Police Department as the "bulk" of the investigation will be done by that agency.
When a search was launched, Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin said Saturday that he believed her disappearance may have resulted from online conversations she had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Dolleman would not discuss the specifics of the case because it involves a juvenile and is still under investigation. However, he said that, in general, when a person is missing "it's incumbent on any police department to try to find out where the person went and why they went there and if anything bad happened while they were away from their family."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 1
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy