Home » News » Public Safety
Police still look for answers in Plaistow girl's one-day disappearance
Plaistow Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said Plaistow and Dover police are investigating the incident, but referred questions to the Dover Police Department as the "bulk" of the investigation will be done by that agency.
When a search was launched, Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin said Saturday that he believed her disappearance may have resulted from online conversations she had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Dolleman would not discuss the specifics of the case because it involves a juvenile and is still under investigation. However, he said that, in general, when a person is missing "it's incumbent on any police department to try to find out where the person went and why they went there and if anything bad happened while they were away from their family."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 14
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles