Home » News » Public Safety
State fire officials to investigate last week’s four-alarm fire in Strafford
STRAFFORD — Fire Chief Paul Stover said investigators have not determined what started a four-alarm fire last week, but the matter is now in the hands of the state Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire, which occurred at a farm at 774 First Crown Point Road Wednesday evening, caused serious burns to a homeowner and destroyed the old farmhouse and two large barns before area firefighters extinguished the blaze.
“We don’t have a cause yet,” Stover said Tuesday, adding the fire may have started in one of the barns, but he said it did not appear to be suspicious.
Stover said no one else was injured as a result of the fire. A man was transported to the hospital for burns about the head and face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072