Home » News » Public Safety
State fire officials to investigate last week’s four-alarm fire in Strafford
STRAFFORD — Fire Chief Paul Stover said investigators have not determined what started a four-alarm fire last week, but the matter is now in the hands of the state Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire, which occurred at a farm at 774 First Crown Point Road Wednesday evening, caused serious burns to a homeowner and destroyed the old farmhouse and two large barns before area firefighters extinguished the blaze.
“We don’t have a cause yet,” Stover said Tuesday, adding the fire may have started in one of the barns, but he said it did not appear to be suspicious.
Stover said no one else was injured as a result of the fire. A man was transported to the hospital for burns about the head and face.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem