Home » News » Public Safety
State fire officials to investigate last week’s four-alarm fire in Strafford
STRAFFORD — Fire Chief Paul Stover said investigators have not determined what started a four-alarm fire last week, but the matter is now in the hands of the state Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire, which occurred at a farm at 774 First Crown Point Road Wednesday evening, caused serious burns to a homeowner and destroyed the old farmhouse and two large barns before area firefighters extinguished the blaze.
“We don’t have a cause yet,” Stover said Tuesday, adding the fire may have started in one of the barns, but he said it did not appear to be suspicious.
Stover said no one else was injured as a result of the fire. A man was transported to the hospital for burns about the head and face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving