Home » News » Public Safety
State fire officials to investigate last week’s four-alarm fire in Strafford
STRAFFORD — Fire Chief Paul Stover said investigators have not determined what started a four-alarm fire last week, but the matter is now in the hands of the state Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire, which occurred at a farm at 774 First Crown Point Road Wednesday evening, caused serious burns to a homeowner and destroyed the old farmhouse and two large barns before area firefighters extinguished the blaze.
“We don’t have a cause yet,” Stover said Tuesday, adding the fire may have started in one of the barns, but he said it did not appear to be suspicious.
Stover said no one else was injured as a result of the fire. A man was transported to the hospital for burns about the head and face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley