Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman sentenced to prison for Portsmouth Market Basket robbery
Julia Marie Konchek, 22, pleaded guilty to a felony robbery charge in Rockingham County Superior Court, admitting that she snatched a woman’s Fendi purse inside the Woodbury Avenue store on Feb. 19.
Konchek has been held at the county jail since her arrest. Her 111 days behind bars will count toward her state prison sentence.
Last week, a judge denied a request by prosecutors for an extension to seek an indictment against Roy.
The state is generally required to obtain an indictment within 90 days after a person is arrested unless it wins permission from a judge for more time to work on a case.
No second request has been filed.
Konchek and Roy were arrested by Portsmouth police shortly after the robbery in February.
Roy’s lawyer, Brian Lavallee, had argued against the state getting any kind of extension to seek an indictment against his client, and suggested they had no evidence to support the charge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424