Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman sentenced to prison for Portsmouth Market Basket robbery
Julia Marie Konchek, 22, pleaded guilty to a felony robbery charge in Rockingham County Superior Court, admitting that she snatched a woman’s Fendi purse inside the Woodbury Avenue store on Feb. 19.
Konchek has been held at the county jail since her arrest. Her 111 days behind bars will count toward her state prison sentence.
Last week, a judge denied a request by prosecutors for an extension to seek an indictment against Roy.
The state is generally required to obtain an indictment within 90 days after a person is arrested unless it wins permission from a judge for more time to work on a case.
No second request has been filed.
Konchek and Roy were arrested by Portsmouth police shortly after the robbery in February.
Roy’s lawyer, Brian Lavallee, had argued against the state getting any kind of extension to seek an indictment against his client, and suggested they had no evidence to support the charge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 32
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424