Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences
Bedford’s Taylor Wallace takes a bite of the championship trophy as teammate David Phelps, left, looks on as they celebrate their 16-2 win over Goffstown in the Division II lacrosse championship game at Exeter High on Tuesday. Bedford was unbeaten in Division II over the past two years and would seem to be a good bet to move up to Division I. (Mark Bolton/Union Leader)
One state champion will be moving up a division and a second is expected to. Boys' Division II champion Bedford could move up to DI and Division III girls' champion Windham will make the the jump to DII.
The top-seeded Bedford squad capped its season by overwhelming sixth-seeded Goffstown 16-2 in the DII championship game last Tuesday.
"We'd love to," Bedford coach Matt Guerard said. "We're not the ones who make that decision, but we'd love to. That's something our athletic director handles internally, so it's out of our control."
"One thing that was encouraging, when (Portsmouth coach Mary Squire) came over an gave me a hug, she said 'it's all yours next year,'" Hanover coach Chris Seibel said. "But nothing is going to be easy next year."
Email reporter Ian Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reporter Roger Brown contributed information to this column.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central-Trinity game will resume Jan. 19 - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass