Heavy rain could bring flooding in areas of NH
The Weather Service said heavy rainwas expected to fall late Monday in southern New Hampshire, including the cities of Manchester, Nashua and Keene.
Urban areas are susceptible to the flooding, the Weather Service said, and people should take steps to protect any items that could be damaged by floodwaters. People who live in flood prone areas should have a safe place to go if needed.
"Due to recent heavy rainfall, the ground is already saturated, so any additional rainfall will quickly run off into streams and rivers," the Weather Service said.
Rainfall of an inch an hour is possible in southern New Hampshire, especially if accompanied by thunderstorms, the Weather Service said. The rainfall average will be 1 to 2.5 inches through Tuesday evening.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax