Alvirne High School mourns teacher's passing
"It hit us hard," said Gill Lachance, who teaches French at Alvirne. "She was one of the kindest, most gentle people I've ever met."
"Our goal today is to celebrate Barbara's life," Alvirne principal Steve Beals said.
"Her favorite activities were our big toy drive at Christmas time and the Cinderella Project," said Beals referring to the program that provides prom dresses for students in need.
Students described Boyd as a great teacher and a friend they could turn to when they needed someone to listen.
"It was a difficult week," said Beals. "The staff was unbelievable. Everyone had to grieve and teachers and students rose to the occasion."
"In all of our life's challenges, the one constant we have is community, people coming together," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383