Alvirne High School mourns teacher's passing
"It hit us hard," said Gill Lachance, who teaches French at Alvirne. "She was one of the kindest, most gentle people I've ever met."
"Our goal today is to celebrate Barbara's life," Alvirne principal Steve Beals said.
"Her favorite activities were our big toy drive at Christmas time and the Cinderella Project," said Beals referring to the program that provides prom dresses for students in need.
Students described Boyd as a great teacher and a friend they could turn to when they needed someone to listen.
"It was a difficult week," said Beals. "The staff was unbelievable. Everyone had to grieve and teachers and students rose to the occasion."
"In all of our life's challenges, the one constant we have is community, people coming together," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election