PLAISTOW - Police are seeking the public's help to find a 13-year-old Timberlane Regional Middle School student who did not return home from school Friday afternoon.
Missing-person fliers were posted in Plaistow Saturday as the search began for Sophie Cesati, who was reported as a runaway juvenile to police just before 6:30 p.m. Friday when she failed to arrive home from school at her usual time of 2:45 p.m.
Police Lt. William Baldwin said the Plaistow girl was last seen at the school, on Greenough Road, about 2:30 p.m. and never boarded the school bus.
Police believe her disappearance may stem from online conversations she's had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call their local police department or the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings