Weare’s Chase Park beach cleaned up, ready for season
Last August, people using the park started finding glass in the sand at the town beach, located on Lake Horace. Assuming the glass was from bottles broken on the beach, residents and then the town’s department of public works tried to pick up the glass manually, but the more they raked the sand, the more glass they found, according to Town Administrator Naomi Bolton.The public works department soon realized that the load of sand they had brought in from the town pit to spruce up the beach must have somehow become contaminated with broken glass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Registration Open for Free Winter Indoor Archery Leagues - Holderness - 0
- Amherst ready to celebrate season with tree lighting Friday - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops - 0
- New Hampshire's most iconic entertainment venue keeps the pedal to the medal. - 0
- North Country’s former longtime Union Leader news carrier dies - 0
- Londonderry officials: Tree stands on conservation land are troubling - 17
- Salem High School science teacher aims high with study of ozone layer - 0
- Salem settles on figure for proposed high school project - 0
Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released